I have been involved in yearbooks, professionally, for a few years now. However, yearbook flows deep in my veins – all the way back to my high school; using the cropping tools with grease pencils to mark where you wanted the photos to be cropped, physically. Helping schools, Yearbook Advisers and Staffs to create exactly what they want is something that I love; from creative inspiration to helping with covers and/or design, thematic help, marketing, etc., I’m always there for my schools! I have worked for two of the largest yearbook companies – Herff Jones and Balfour.
My photography background also spans back to many years ago – one of my first jobs was at a chain photo store in a mall. However, a few years ago, I worked for Tumbleston Photography and have partnered with them for a number of years now and something new has spawned – this an a plethora of other Yearbook and Photography sites!
School News and Journalism are vital parts of each and every school around the world. Back in high school, I was on the school newspaper staff, and as I’d already mentioned the school yearbook staff.
Fundraising goes hand-in-hand with almost every part of schools; schoolwide, clubs, teams, the band, sports, etc. I am looking into adding fundraising options for all of the sites!
My love of books also spans back to just before my high school years. In middle school I was a library assistant and that continued into high school.
Music and I go way back! In my very young years, I’d go to church and sing along with the hymns – and love every moment. In middle school, I started playing a number of instruments; violin, then trumpet and then piano. In high school I was the Drum Major of our marching band. I decided to major in music, but decided teaching was not what I wanted to do. That said, I was hired by a theatre company in Florida to… well, teach music. A couple weeks into working there I was thrown into acting and have been doing that professionally and in several community-based productions for around 25 years! I also sing with a number of community-based choirs and with The Charleston Caroling Company in Charleston, South Carolina!
About Tumbleston Studios
Charles Tumbleston opened his first photo studio in 1980. He quickly established himself as one of Charleston’s premier photographers. And in the years that followed, his one-person operation grew into the two-studio Lowcountry mainstay that is Tumbleston Photography Studios.
Today, over 40 years later, Charles is still involved. And his passion for quality and innovation remains at the core of the business. Our mission? To not merely take pictures, but to artistically depict the story of the faces, personalities, and moments we’re entrusted to capture.
Tumbleston’s two large studio spaces are both fully-equipped and staffed with a highly-skilled, talented team of photographers and production experts. Both studios are also actively involved in the West Ashley and Moncks Corner communities in which they’re located and are regular contributors to local charities.
Tumbleston provides the full scope of professional photography:
- Wedding Photography – We’ve photographed hundreds of weddings at Charleston’s favorite locations during our more than 30 years in the Lowcountry.
- Engagements – We create spectacular engagement albums whether we shoot in-studio or at your favorite spot as the question’s asked on bended knee.
- Beach Photo Shoots – From senior photos to family portraits, we can capture your family’s favorite moments on your favorite Charleston-area beaches.
- Corporate Event and Staff Photos – We specialize in shooting corporate events from casual picnics and holiday parties to elegant affairs and seminars.
- Professional Headshots – As a business owner, associate, or performer, we can provide you with top-quality portraits in-studio or we can come to you.
- Family Photos – Let us preserve moments your whole family will treasure forever in one of our two studios or at your favorite Lowcountry location.
- Maternity Photography – Pregnancy is a magical time, and we know exactly how to capture the profound love between mom and her child-to-be.
- Newborns and Kids – We have all the props and expertise to keep your child comfy and content as we capture the spirit of their growing personality.